Live, Laugh, Go Crazy

Every woman is entitled to have at least one meltdown a month...or maybe a week depending on you're mental and emotional ability

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes I worry about myself

Okay, so I am a little sleep deprived today because my 18 month old daughter decided to wake up at 1 am this morning. I was laying in bed and I heard her making noise, so I just closed my eyes tighter, and tried to pretend like I didn't hear anything. But, that cry, the cry that says mommy, come snuggle me. C'mon, just admit it- it's 1 am, you're sleeping so good, and you hear the crying begin to escalate and all you're thinking is.... "fuck". But,despite my best efforts and a few learned tricks, she didn't fall back asleep until I laid with her at 4am. Ugh! Then I had this dream that I found out I was pregnant and was really excited about it. But when I woke up this morning and realized I was just dreaming I was really bummed. Yes, I was bummed. You're probably wondering what is wrong with me. Up all freaking night long singing, and rocking and sitting on the floor by my daughters bed literally praying that her eyes will close so I can sneak out of her room and crawl back into my bed, and I am wishing I was having another one. There is really only one explanation here... I am insane.

I used to think I was the only adult that would say, "I have to go potty!" or " Let's use our inside voice." It turns out I am not. At least I hope I am not. My neighbors might just think I am absolutely nuts lounging in a kiddy pool with a giraffe head on it, but hey, kids like being outside and when it's 105 degrees out, a puddle almost seems like a good way to cool off. I can also recite every line from Finding Nemo, The Lion King, Chicken Little, Ice Age, and I can hum every song from every Baby Einstein movie. ( I secretly love those movies and when Greg is working late I give myself a pedicure while watching Ratatouille...sshh!)

Before I had kids I always felt like I never had enough time to do anything, although I still feel like that, I don't know what I ever did with all my free time?! Probably sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. I almost can't remember what it's like to not have kids, or actually sit down and eat an entire meal instead of my kids left overs. Maybe you can answer this for me, but why is it the second I start talking on the phone everyone has to ask me a question? Or how about this one, what about me taking a shower is so interesting that everyone needs to be in the bathroom while I am in there? Kids have a special radar and they sense when you're comfortable, or getting ready to indulge yourself a little bit, and then they attack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment