Live, Laugh, Go Crazy

Every woman is entitled to have at least one meltdown a month...or maybe a week depending on you're mental and emotional ability

Saturday, September 18, 2010

That Little " Oh Yeah Baby" In My Life


Okay, I don't know about you but I literally cannot function without at least one and a half cups of coffee in the morning, complete with my favorite creamer, the tiniest teaspoon of sugar and the ability to choose one of my three favorite mugs to pour the blissfully aromatic darkness into.

I have never quite figured out what it is that makes this delectable little cup of heaven so wonderful. Laying in bed listening to the coffee maker perking away in the kitchen followed by a puff of steam rolling off the lid starts off my morning. I can hardly wait until it's done as I anxiously wait by the pot so I can watch dark liquid turn my mug into something much much more. It becomes my best friend for a few hours as we hold hands down the hallway to make sure my kids are still asleep. We curl up together under a blanket and enjoy the silence of the house. The now creamy hot loveliness that gently rolls down my throat and warms my belly puts a smile on my face.

Once this love triangle began between the mug, the coffee and I, morning never came soon enough. I would sit at the dinner table forcing down gulps of ice cold water just staring at the coffee pot. Wishing for that moment, that first sip of am wonder that has the power to transform my day from sleepy to productive.

Something about the steam curling out of the top of a cup of coffee seems exotic and might entice you to give your partner a good morning hug. It makes reading the morning paper a bit more interesting, and any kind of chocolate croissant just about explodes into your mouth followed by a hot sip.

I've always been able to count on coffee for those late night last minute papers. It helps break the ice between old friends. "Let's go out for coffee and catch up!" Whether we actually make good on the invitation is on us.

I am deeply grateful and irrevocably in love with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment