Live, Laugh, Go Crazy

Every woman is entitled to have at least one meltdown a month...or maybe a week depending on you're mental and emotional ability

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My husband and I are going to my cousins wedding in New York, minus the kids. I am freaking out. You would think I would be dying to get away for a weekend, you know, great food, open bar, hotel room. But, I am stressing out. My mother in law is going to watch the kids for us and I just keep worrying about all the things that could go wrong while I am gone. I think about my daughter crying and not being able to be calmed down. This is where my control freak habits come in, I want to plan every minute of everyday while I am gone, so I know what is going on and, in a way, I am still in control. I am trying to stay calm and realize that this trip is a great thing and that my kids will be fine!! They will be fine!! :) But I am really going to miss them so much. I feel guilty about going away tomorrow. I feel like I should be with them all the time. Which I know is ridiculous by the way. Maybe I am nervous about this, I mean, My husband and I haven't really been alone on a trip in...well...FOREVER! We always have the kids with us, or one of them with us. It will be a different feeling not having to worry about all the things that having kids with you entails. It is a 10 hour drive to New York and it will be just the two of us. We can blast the music in the car, we don't have to stop every 2 hours to "go potty", and when we get to the hotel, we can actually take a nap if we want. Okay, okay, maybe this does sound like fun after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment