Live, Laugh, Go Crazy

Every woman is entitled to have at least one meltdown a month...or maybe a week depending on you're mental and emotional ability

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Alone Time

Sometimes I love being alone. I love the quiet, the kind of quiet when you can actually hear yourself breathing, you can hear the almost silent creeks of your own house, you can hear bliss. I now have two children and that kind of quiet almost doesn't happen anymore. Even when they are asleep. As I have two 80lb dogs and a husband. When I get up in the morning I almost pretend for a second that I am a single woman in a really cool apartment in the city and as I pour my cup of coffee, which smells heavanly I can go sit on my couch and sip the steaming cup slowly and peacfully without having to reheat it 100 times only to forget about it in the microwave. Or having it spilled on me, or finding glitter in it to make it pretty. As much as I wish for just little moments like that, I know that once I had that, I would wish I was back at home surrounded by chaos. Then when I think about my life before my husband and before my kids, I really don't know what the hell I did with my spare time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment